This is a very straight forward shirt pattern with pockets. I didn’t even open up the instructions, so I cannot tell you if they are well written and easy to understand. Version B was made w/o the yolk or side vents. I used medium weight black denim that I had in my stash and used the black cotton/poly that I made my Thurlows out of for the facing and pocket flap lining because I barely had enough denim to cut out the shirt. It looks quite nice together. The pocket flaps was a request by my husband, and I think it would have been better w/o them, but he likes them, and I that is all that matters ;) I did not need to purchase one thing to make this shirt. Woo Hoo for stash items!
I did quite a bit of top stitching on this shirt which gives it a more RTW/finished look. French seams were used on most all seams, w/ the exception of the arm holes, and seam binding was used on them. I made a little label to place inside as well - "Well made In USA", which may or may not mean anything to anyone but me, but I am so sick and tired of crap items made at strategic overseas locations. Don't get me wrong, I realize it is not the fault of the worker bees in those sweat factories. They are just doing what they are told. Okay, enough about that...
Of course, I have no modeled shots, so the pictures just do not do the shirt justice. It hangs funny on my dress form. It really does look pretty dang good.
Take care and God bless!