Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Refashioned Black Skirt

I took a very long black ponte knit skirt, cut it where it was way too short, and then added some lace to the bottom to make it acceptable to wear to work.  I couldn't believe I cut it so short.  Boy, I was ticked, but the lace came to the rescue.  I am made the blue top as well.  Nothing real exciting other than the skirt length.

I have finished my Thurlow capris, and will dye them this weekend.  I was going to color them to an olive drab, but after I priced how much it would cost to achieve that color, I just decided on a dark brown.  LOL  I am very cheap.

Next thing up for me to sew is a maxi dress. I hope it will look good on me.  I will try to get it cut out this weekend and possibly even sew some on it. 

Take care and God bless!

3 comments:

  1. Perfect solution.. Love the set..so pretty on you.. My granddaughters have stayed this week with us, so I haven't sewed any..
    I am going to start working on some basics..
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it annoying when you make a really fundamental should have known better mistake - but you got out of it nicely.

    I hope the dyebath goes well - I dyed a pair of pants black once, and found that when I wore them on a very hot day (43degrees C, about 105 F) that the dye and my perspiration mixed well together and dyed my underpants - they were never quite the same again :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!