Sunday, December 15, 2013

Francis revisited my way

I swear, both sleeves are the same length :)

Hello.  I've been away for a while due to a very strange mystery illness that had me down pretty good.  After several thousand dollars worth of tests, the doctors could not come up with a diagnosis, and slowly on my own, I started getting better.  Thank you God!  He is the great healer.

Thankfully, I did still manage to work during the 4 months of being ill, and when I was feeling okay, I did a bit of sewing and some knitting.  The above sweater is proof :)

The pattern is Francis Revisited that I found for free on Ravelry.  I did change the pattern a bit.  I knitted it longer, did rib knit on the sleeve edges and bottom, and added a turtle neck to it.  I knit it on size 10 needles and used a wool/mix blend from Berroco.  I bought the yarn a long time ago, and I cannot remember the "name" of it.  I knitted a medium size, and it fits great.  It is a long, tunic length that will look good w/ skinny jeans, straight skirts, and other slacks. 

I love knitting sweaters.  They take me a while, but the end result is worth the time and effort.  I want to knit a pretty lace-weight shawl out of some Kid Silk Haze that I have had for quite some time.  I just need to find a free pattern on Ravelry to utilize.  I am also knitting a basket weave scarf for the guy who does my hair.  It will be a late Christmas present, because I know I will not have it done in time.

Next on the blog docket is a pretty skirt that just needs the snaps placed on it, and the hem done.  I also have two refashions that I did in September that I never got to blog about.

I pray everyone is doing well!

Take care and God Bless.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear you have been sick.. But proud your better now..[God is awsome, He does lead us and help us, doesn't He?].
    Love your sweater.. Hope you and family have a blessed and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sweater, and I am glad you are better. I have finally been able to knit part of my scarf successfully (meaning I have something which looks similar to a scarf).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!