Saturday, September 21, 2013

New Simplicity Jacket


This is a cute little jacket that I made about 3 weeks ago.  I used a Simplicity pattern.  The jacket was meant to be unlined, but I added an interlining.  I finished all the inside seams with lace.

I added piping along the front of the jacket and end of the sleeves to make it a bit more professional looking.  I also added a frog closure.  I pondered a moment about adding a black frog closure, but in the end, I thought I would keep the colors matching.  About the piping, this is not only the first time I have used piping with sewing, but I made my own!  Whoop for me!

Top stitching was done around the front, shoulder seams, and the princess seams.  I top stitched this using the triple stitch on my sewing machine.  It looks awesome if I do say so for myself.

The pattern is an easy sew, and by adding a few minor, but professional details, it gives the jacket a WOW factor.

Pictures were taken after I worn it all day, so it is a bit wrinkled.

All fabric was stash, along with the thread and lace.  The only thing I bought for this jacket was the frog closure.

 I have a skirt to post about in the next week or so.  It goes with this jacket nicely :)

Take care and God bless.

4 comments:

  1. That makes two of us that like your new jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shape and fabric. I am looking forward to seeing the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really pretty and delicate looking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!