Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sneak Peak of Simplicity 2599 & Other Things



I will do a proper modeled shot tomorrow, but here is a few pictures of the top that I made for the 2013 Essential Top Sew-along.
The guts.



Back

Front
I have made this top for my mom.  She doesn't know about it, so I will surprise her next week.  I am a bit concerned on how well the flower trim will hold up.  I cut a size 14, made French seams and bound the arm holes.  I hand hemed the sleeves and bottom of the top.  I also cut the excess from the darts and finished w/ a lock stitch.  I also machine embroidered my mom's initials on the inside facing.  My mom is in a nursing home, and the staff always write their initials on the inside of their clothing w/ a black magic marker.  I am hoping they will not do that w/ the top.

While this is a basic pattern, it is very easy to embelish. 

In other news...

Bread with homemade butter!  We grind our own wheat.  It is so much better than the store bought flour.

I will end with two more cute pictures of Ms. Maggie Mae and her momma.
Whoa diggity!  What is the white stuff.

Take care and God bless!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!