Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Two Renfrew Tops

 Here is another well thought out pattern from Sewaholic. 

The pattern is very straight forward and easy to put together.
I have made view C twice because I love cowl neck tops.
The first top is made from a medium weight knit.  I cut a size 16, and it is too big.  I should have used a size 12.  I finished all the seams w/ seam binding which I believe added too much bulk.  I wear this top and add a belt so it doesn’t look ridiculous on me.
The second top is made from a very super thin knit.  You *must* wear a tank underneath it.  I cut a size 14, and once again should have used a size 12.  I still had in my  mind that a 12 would be too small.  I hand sewed all hems, and eliminated the bottom band.  I received lots of compliments on this top, and I am not sure why.  It may have something to do w/ the shiny metallic threads running through it.   Regardless, I am not very proud of it.
The next Renfew will be a size 12! 
I have a feeling that both of these tops will be either cut up and used on something else or given away.  It isn’t the pattern’s fault.  The seamstress went way overboard on the first one, and didn’t choose the best fabric on the second one.  Live and learn, eh?
Take care and God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Love the print on the first top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it is a pity that you don't love them... maybe a friend would like them? Either way, it is well worth having a really good Tshirt pattern, so making a few testers is time well spent!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!